Pages

Kid's Nutrition


Sometimes I wonder how families cope with bringing up children, especially when both parents have to work full-time to achieve their 5C's.


How will the kids cope without their parents around to guide them? Will schools teach the kids moral values and cultural traditions? Do the kids do their homework? Who will teach them thrift, kindness, gratitude, and other character-forming values that schools do not teach?

Nagging thoughts aside, what about the children's nutrition? Do they have nutritious meals for lunch?

D70, kit lens@38mm, 1/60s@f/5.6, +0.3EV, ISO1400, AWB -3


So it was that I asked Toto, an Indonesian friend, to come up with a special spice mix that busy couples -- arriving home after a tiring day at the office -- could use to quickly prepare delicious meals easily.

She gave me a wet curry mix, said it could keep in the fridge for a month, and gave directions on its usage.

I tried the spice mix -- both wet curry and dry-fried using chicken thighs.

Hmmm...taste very good, but somehow not distinctive enough. Like other prepared spice mix one could buy from the supermart. I need a spice mix that tastes very good and yet not available in the market place.

I told Toto and Jean that if they could come up with a line of prepared spice mixes that taste distinctive and wonderful, I could structure a small business for them to handle.

Well, the search continues...

 

Nikon Color my World Copyright © 2009 bfcAsia.com All Rights Reserved